Getting access to the API
Smartcat API is available for companies and not available for freelance accounts. To get your API credentials, go to the Settings → API.
Generate an API key (you can create multiple keys) and use it (as a password) with your account ID (as a user name) to access the API.
Making requests to the API
What methods are available?
A complete list of API methods is available here.
Where should the requests be sent?
- https://smartcat.ai/ if you are using the European server.
- https://us.smartcat.ai/ if you are using the American server.
- https://ea.smartcat.ai if you are using the Asian server.
For example, the full URL for a Project List Request will look like this:
Authorization & authentication
All methods require authentication. The primary authentication scheme used is Basic Authentication. A following header must be prepended to each request: Authorization: Basic Key, where Key is the Base64 encoded "userName":"password" string.
See also Smartcat integration 101
Yes, there is also a PHP client that you can try out. Do these simple steps to become a Smartcat API PHP hero:
- Download a composer
- Download the latest PHP package (or at least >=5.6) for installing the composer if you still haven't gotten one
- Once the composer is ready, get the smartcat/smartcat-api package, and you are ready to go
If you are unsure where to start next, check our GitHub for some PHP use cases.