HotFolder is a client-side application that allows syncing client files with Smartcat.
To configure HotFolder, you must specify one or more HotFolder.config files, each corresponding to one Smartcat project and having its own masks for files to be translated and settings for saving translations.
Before you start syncing your local files with Smartcat:
- Create a corporate account in Smartcat.
- Ask your customer success manager or Smartcat support team to enable HotFolder in your account. You will receive your HotFolder credentials (login and password).
- Download the installation file.
- Create a Smartcat project that you want to sync with HotFolder.
- To link the Smartcat project with HotFolder, obtain its project id.
- Proceed to "Installing and launching Smartcat HotFolder".
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6
Supported operating systems: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2.hotfolder continuous localization syncronization