Continuous Localization guide
To give you a head start on your continuous localization projects, we’ve put together a detailed guide that will take you through the whole process. Head over to our Software localization page to download the PDF guide.
OCR and DTP for client files via the Client Portal
LSPs that have a Client Portal can now use the OCR technology to process their customers’ files as well as perform desktop-publishing tasks on those files. Here’s how it works:
- Say, the customer uploads a scanned copy that needs to be recognized via the Client Portal.
- The project manager accepts the order. She can then do either of the following:
- Use the layout checking feature, download the file, assign a DTP task to a specialist, and then upload the result back to Smartcat in any supported text format.
- Recognize the text using OCR and download the resulting DOCX file.
- Finally, the PM can mark the stage as complete and move to the translation stage.
Learn how you can take advantage of the Client Portal.
Here’s another batch of bugs we’ve eliminated:
- Fixed an issue that prevented PPTX files from uploading correctly.
- We’ve ported the Editor’s “Search & replace” panel to vue.js, so if you experienced issues with it lately, you won’t anymore.
- Fixed an issue where the client might have problems calculating statistics using the vendor’s TM.