Upload non-text files
As we continue to enrich Smartcat’s functionality with TMS features, we’ve made it possible for suppliers to provide non-CAT-related services on our platform while customers can now assign tasks other than translation to suppliers and easily track the progress.
You can now upload non-text files in Smartcat and assign them to non-linguist suppliers, such as reviewers, copywriters, typesetters, or any other specialists.
For example, you can upload a DWG drawing and assign it to a technical writer who will check its content using a CAD solution. Or you can upload an MP4 video and assign it to a subtitler. In both cases, the suppliers will be able to deliver the resulting file to you in the original format, and you will be able to pay them the same way you would pay for a translation task.
For obvious reasons, non-text files cannot be assigned in parts or be opened in the Editor. This is why when you upload a non-text file, you’ll need to define the scope of work to be completed as well as the desired cost.
Keep in mind that Smartcat blocks certain files, such as exeсutable files and scripts, from being uploaded for security reasons. Learn more about the restricted file formats.
Also, this release comes with some important bug fixes and performance improvements, including:
- Fixed an issue with the Bitrix Connector which occurred when trying to download a large volume of content. Content is now sent in batches.
- Fixed an issue where Dita XML files didn’t parse properly.
- Fixed an issue with documents in PO format.
- Fixed an issue where the CTRL + H hotkey (“Replace”) didn’t work in the Editor.
- Increased the maximum size of a file that can be used to update an existing TM from 100 MB to 512 MB.