So, you want to integrate with Smartcat — that's a great place to start. Below you will learn about the available options.
Localizing your software
When it comes to localizing your code on any platform — Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Linux, Web — you usually start with keeping your localizable resource files in a version control system, such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion.
Smartcat offers you a cross-platform command-line tool, Serge, along with a preconfigured example localization project. Within minutes, after providing your credentials and creating a blank project in Smartcat, you will have a working continuous localization workflow that will do the following:
- Pull changes from your version control system;
- Automatically gather resource files in source language, parse them and send over to Smartcat for translation;
- Download translations from Smartcat;
- Generate up-to-date localized files and push them back to your code repository.
With this approach, not only you can handle most common localization scenarios, but also implement robust localization pipelines or functionality:
- Localize multiple code branches at once;
- Generate pseudo-localized resources for all of your projects, regardless of source file formats;
- Automatically add clickable links or comments to each translation unit for additional context;
- Pre-process and post-process both source and localized files to make sure the final files are ready to be used in your CI/CD processes;
- Conditionally include or exclude strings or entire files or folders based on file path or contents;
- Specify the list of target languages right within your source language files.
Continue reading: Bootstrap Localization Project on Github.
Custom low-level integrations
When it comes to specific integration needs not related to software localization (integration with your payment systems, notifications, statistics), we offer you a REST API. It provides atomic methods and access to different objects and properties of your account, allowing you to implement the integration exactly the way you need it, and in any programming language.
Continue reading: Getting started with Smartcat API
Smartcat comes with pre-built integrations for certain platforms like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, or Zapier. Please refer to the documentation on each connector on how to use and install it.
Continue reading: Integrations